Monday, July 7, 2008

...my helping hands...

today i am really grateful for my roommates. they just spent the evening and night helping me pack up the load of "stuff" that i have accumulated throughout the five years i have been here in provo. so basically we packed up all my worldly possessions minus my furniture (my sleigh bed, 2 dressers, 2 bookcases, and a set of floating shelves), my clothes, and "immediate" needs.

don't worry the monotonous task was filled with laughter, grunts, and emotions as i finally threw away 3.5 years of my life (aka the ex-fiance). that task was filled with mixed emotions. but they were there to help me through it.

thanks for the memories. i'm going to miss you like crazy. thanks for being patient with me. thanks for the crazy night with the make up and pictures! thanks for the bob marley night and eating snacks in our basement. not to mention all the funny quotes and the mishaps of every day that keep like interesting!

joy i am especially grateful for your listening ear and your willingness to not judge me. thank you for your advice and guidance when i was trying to decide whether or not to serve a mission. shareka thanks for always coming with me and being my adventure buddy. thanks for all your encouragement at work and for staying late me with some days. also, thank you both for being there when i was down. thank you for offering bodily harm and for sticking up for me when someone decided to be mean to me. i love you both.

thanks shareka and joy for helping me get it all put away. you guys are the best! see you in morning with those muffins i promised to bake you!

oh and shareka do you mind.... just kidding! i'm still really sad that we didn't get a picture of you in your "maid/slave" get-up.

4 comments:

  1. I bet that feels good to have things packed up. You do have good roommates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck love! I would love to see you before you leave for bigger & better things, but if not, just know that I know you'll do great wherever you end up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing to see the best of you through others eyes. You are a sweetie, and always have been. It looks like you are blessed to have a great family as well as great friends. Thanks for visiting my blog, you get out there and continue to shine that incredible light that is YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how that one picture looks like I am going to kill Shareka!

    ReplyDelete