Wednesday, July 16, 2008

...life is a highway...

ok i'm back! i am taking a break from my frantic packing to blog again. i'm finally back for my last week in utah. just a small update before i express some gratitude. so i'm headed to arizona at the end of the week. yesterday i found out that i will be teaching kindergarten in two and a half weeks!!!! ah! i'll update you more as i learn more.

so today i'm grateful to just be alive. i am grateful for the wonderful opportunity of mortality. i think heavenly father knew what he was doing. i am grateful to know, in a what seems like a very basic sense, of who i am, why i am here, and where i am trying to get to.

while my mom and i were driving to az last week we encountered a stand still on the highway. about 10 cars ahead of us, a car going west bound blew a tire and lost control. it crossed the median and flipped repeated over the east bound lanes. we barely missed the accident being directly in front of us or possibly hitting us.

as you can see in the picture i got out and walked down the highway to see what was going on and to see if there was anything anyone could do. the emergency team responded so quickly. 4 helicopters landed on I-10 air lifting the victims out. the victims: 2 adults and 3 children. i watched as they were loaded in ambulances and the med helicopters.

i walked back to the car and told my mom about what had happened. i was overwhelm with gratitude that no one had died. amazingly enough no one going east bound was hit by the car that crossed over. i was grateful that my mom and i hadn't been 10 cars ahead and in dangers path.

i am grateful for my life and for the blessings that have come through life. i'm grateful for my body and the gifts my father in heaven, my earthly parents, other family, and my friends have shared me with and my own personal gifts that they have helped me cultivate. my life is filled with many things to be grateful for. without this life i would not be able to come to that knowledge. i would not know what i know now.

it kind of reminds me of what Wanda aka Wanderer observes about the human race in the book The Host. I won't ruin the book for those that haven't read it yet, but Wanda shares about how humans love and how they live their lives in such a way that is more vibrant than she has ever experienced. she talks of the colors, the emotions, the conundrums, dichotomies, and joys. i am grateful to say that I AM in the thick of all of it. I am grateful!

4 comments:

  1. and those around you are grateful for you! I will never forget when my boss first came to work, and told us about this adorable girl who serves him at Golden Spoon. None other than the adorable - Jen Lee!! you bring your light to those whom you lovingly share with daily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, love the new template on your blog!! It matches your room at your house in Corona! Second, congrats on getting a job teaching!! That will be so fun for you!! Third, WICKED AUG. 16TH!!! Your check is in the mail :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. type... wanda shares... otherwise glad to know you are alive. i'm still waiting for the post about me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so... i just had a typo in mine. ugh. typo* not type. crap.

    ReplyDelete