Thursday, April 10, 2008

...someday...

today was a pretty good day. it had its rough points, but it also had its finer moments as well. i was reading a blog earlier today that belongs to my friends kristen and nate. they are just too cute. nate posted this sweet entry about why he does the things that he does. it was so simple yet so deep. he does everything he does because he loves his wife. isn't that what it is all about? that second only to the Lord we should be motivated out of the purest kind of love for the person we will spend the rest of eternity with? who should receive more of this kind of love, or charity, than our family and more specifically the person we have chosen to spend eternity with. he says, what one day i hope that my husband will say about me:
"Of course, we have tiffs now and then, but by and large I would much rather be doing anything with Kristen , than doing something awesome by myself."
wow. i wonder what that must feel like. i often envy, both openly and privately, those that have found an individual that was willing to take a risk on them and just love the heck out them. (i now need to repent openly for my coveting) that no matter what they have that much faith, trust, love, and concern about that person that every fiery dart that the adversary throws at them seems to either be worth facing head on together or not even phase them. i can only imagine how empowering and amazing that act must feel like. to seal your entire existance with another person. i am often baffled by the whole notion.

i have been blessed in my life with a glimpse of what it must be like. i have been blessed to love and to have been loved. i look forward to the time in my life when i can experience these emotions (again), build this kind of relationship, and covenant to care for another one of God's children they way that Nate and Kristen (and so many of my other friends and family) care for each other!

2 comments:

  1. Oh jen I miss you so much. Are you leaving Utah soon? You are such an example to me in everything you do. I look up to you in so many ways. Thanks for being you. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to remember that you played a huge part in Kristen and I ending up together.

    Thanks for being a wonderful friend!

    ReplyDelete