Monday, April 7, 2008

birthday and other distractions...


My birthday... yes i am 23! so i spent the night before my birthday with some friends doing our "red robin" dinner. justin and jessica just got engaged so there was reason to celebrate. we laughed and had fun as you can see in the picture of me and andy. quinn managed to stay out of the photo graphs, but we were throughly entertained by the brownie question. i rushed home only to find that life isn't always what it appears to be. I had a hard time sleeping that night, but the morning did come and wasn't exactly as i had planned but it never is.

i woke up to a familiar sound of a car that i know all too well. its driver dropping a nice birthday basket (filled with 3 hardcovers of my favorite children's books i did not yet own, 3 cds from my wish list, my favorite candy bars-take 5s, and some party blowers) and balloons off at the door.

i spent the rest of the morning running around with my head cut off. i had a baby shower to go to and a bridal shower to attend right after. still needed to go and get gifts for each and plan a game for the first of the two. the second was at our apt and thank goodness for good roommates who picked up the downstairs for the event. Court's baby shower was cute. i can't believe she's having a baby. Natalie Marie Hundley should arrive in the next week or so! Mir's bridal shower was fun. it was great to watch her chew all the bubblicious (or however you spell it).

after that it was off to get ready for dinner. ate dinner at ottavio's on center in provo. then after flew kites up at the elementary school behind our house. mine was my little pony. yes it is true. best $2.88 kite EVER! My Little Pony's companion for the venture was Spider Man! Spent the rest of the evening at home.

After the storm of post birthday news had passed, i went up to salt lake to celebrate my birthday with my roommate Angelina. i took her to this Thai restaurant for her birthday and she took me to A Fine Frenzy for mine. what a great trade off. During dinner we gabbed about the news in our lives. she told me of her adventures in nursing and the dating world. i told her of my decision to leave utah and all the happenings of 1st grade. and thankfully she didn't laugh at me when i cried and expressed my deep inability to understand this thing that we call life. i thank my heavenly father for friends like her.

anywho, here are a few pictures from the performance....I actually really enjoyed her live. i also found my new favorite song for the moment... Ashes and Wine. Great!

i stood and listened to her play and i found myself identifying the microphones that they were using on stage. "thats a ____ we used that to record_____" or "that's _____ we used that in the piano during this performance." i quietly praised myself for knowing how to wind up the chords being used. its not just wrapping it around your elbow. i picked out the monitors they were using and tried to push it all to the back of my head. i even for some odd reason looked over to the sound booth hoping. i made passing comments about the re verb on the vocals and picked out every key change i could think of. maybe one day this too shall pass and i will be able to attend a concert or symphony with out the ghost of "what was" or "what could have been" sitting on my shoulders.

"Good bye my almost lover, good bye my hopeless dreams. I'm trying not to think about you, why can't you just let me be? So long my luck-less romance, my back is turned on you. Should've know you bring me heart ache... almost lovers always do..."-Almost Lover

1 comment: