Friday, March 7, 2008

...the lion fell in love with the lamb...

here are somethings that i have been thinking about...

The following quote is from one of my favorite books. Bella, the lamb, is in love with Edward, the lion. Their love story is intense, it starts in a book called Twilight. It is one of my favorite depictions of two people who are so obviously wrong for each other while at the same time being so right for each other. Edward decides to leave Bella for her own safety, he's a vampire. He tells her he doesn't want her anymore and that she is not good for him.

The scene is filled with so much emotion. As he turns to walk away she reaches her hand out to him and calls out, "Don't."
As her fingers brush his hand as he turn she closes her eyes. And then with a blink of an eye he is gone (he has this ability to move stealth like and faster than anything human). She wanders through the forest as the sun sets. She sinks deep into a fog and slips into unconsciousness to numb herself from reality. In New Moon we see Bella struggle to deal with, or not deal with, Edward's obvious absence in her life.

Bella makes a comment about Edward:
"I was not allowed to think of him. That was something I tried to be very strict about. Of course I slipped; I was only human. But I was getting better, and so the pain was something I could avoid for days at a time now. The trade off was the never ending numbness. Between pain and nothing, I'd chosen nothing. ... Forbidden to remember, terrified to forget; it was a hard line to walk" (pg. 113, 117, New Moon)
I feel like i am walking that line. I hate walking that line...

The next one is found later in the book...

"..One thing I truly knew-knew it in the pit of my stomach, in the center of my bones, knew it from the crown of my head to the soles of my feet, knew it deep in my empty chest-was how love gave someone the power to break you. I'd been broken beyond repair." -Bella, New Moon
I can testify to this.

I just got done reading Twilight (again!). I first read this book while on a cruise... i read it in 2 days. I couldn't put it down! New Moon, i bought in the airport on a lay over in Houston on the way home. I finished it just as the plane landed! I ate it up! Here are two quotes from the first book, Twilight.

"What did [Edward] mean, it was better we weren't friends? My stomach twisted. He must see how absorbed I was by him; he must not want to lead me one...so we couldn't even be friends... because he wasn't interested in me at all. Of course he wasn't interested in me, I thought angrily, my eyes stinging... I wasn't interesting. And he was. Interesting...and brilliant...and mysterious...and perfect... and beautiful.."

i've felt like that before...the not being interesting part... and admiring someone who i think is... the feelings of insecurity... not being good enough.. haven't we all?

"About three things I was absolutely positive. First, Edward was a vampire. Second, there was part of him-and I didn't know how potent that part might be- that thirsted for my blood. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him"

I'm sure there will be more to come about my passion for this story. I'm currently reading New Moon (again!). Here are some more pictures... and i found the cover art for her 4th book of the series too!

The 3rd Book! Eclipse.
Midnight Sun. Edward's version of the story.










Breaking Dawn. Release Date is set for August 2, 2008!


2 comments:

  1. Jen! I also love these books but never can tell Juan about what I'm reading because once I get into the whole vampire details, he thinks I'm weird! Ha ha. Thank you for the quotes, I love remembering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I found your blog and wanted to see how you're doing. I love those books too! How's 1st grade treating you? I am loving my 1st graders. I can't believe this school year is almost over!

    ReplyDelete