Friday, July 3, 2009

...officially arizona...

yes its true. i'm about give up my last physical claim to being from california-the license plate. ah! i gave up my california diver's license last august... i had a really difficult time handing the DMV lady my license. pathetic i know. i hesitated when she asked me for my current license. i thought of things that i could say (aka a lie) to some how keep from having to forfeit my license to the state of az. i went through a few stories in my head quickly, but before i knew it my hand was moving toward her with my license in tow. ah.... stop! stop! she snatched it before i could open my mouth. i may have put up a little tug when she went to grab it. a small part of me died that day. haha.

and now its time to give up the last little part of me that keeps me rooted as an "out of stater." i like that my car let's other people know that "i'm not from here." not that i have a problem with az. i did like that it made me more "normal" while i was in utah. i like that i didn't have to claim utah with my plates. but now its time to move on... how superficial am i?

internally i'm still fighting to keep my california plates. but in two weeks the fate of my car will have been decided. should i keep the california plates...? there are risks with having a az license and a-out-of-state car... aka a hefty fine... grow up jen. move on. right?

on that note, if i do have to give up my claim to "normalcy" i'm going to do it with some personality and go for personal/vanity plate. i've always wanted to... and this is the time to do it. bry, my sister, and i have been bouncing ideas back and forth. still need to decide. opinions are welcome... here are some choices so far... feel free to add any suggestions:

WCKDLVR (Wicked lover... as in the muscial)-mom is against this one =) my favorite
IBLDBLU (I bleed blue)... sadly i checked... and its taken...
i want to meet the person with this car
DGRENIFY (degreenify)
DFYGRTY (defy gravity)... DFYGVTY is already taken
BLEDBLU
IHRTOZ (i heart oz)
WZRD N I (wizard and i)
ELPHIE
SWNKFYD (swankified)
ASNTACO (asian taco)
JENBUG (my nickname from the fam)... sadly taken and i don't have a bug
LVSAUTE (loves a ute...hmmmm) goes great with the "Y" sticker on my car
BITESZE (bite size- a nick name from college)

i'm taking any other suggestions.

Paige's suggestions:
SHRTSTF - short stuff
BWLNGQN - bowling queen

5 comments:

  1. My vote is IHRTOZ. I love that you love Wicked so much, me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WCKDLVR- I still think this one is funny because of the slight double meaning (and that your mom hates it)

    DGRENIFY- No one will ever have any idea what it really says (not that that is what these are about, I'm sure 99% of the world doesn't know what mine means and I don't care since my friends do) but...it's lame. :)

    DFYGRTY- Too cheesy and too obvious, I think. You just want to be a big fan, not creepily obsessed.

    BLEDBLU- I'm ok with this one (even though it's all about the SUN DEVILS!!!)

    IHRTOZ- see my explanation for DFYGRTY. Plus, it's not just about Wicked then anyway.

    WZRD N I- Please, no. NO.

    ELPHIE- This is what my friends and I call our Cannon PowerShot "Elph" cameras. And it's just weird.

    SWNKFYD- I don't know the origin of this word/nickname but it looks cool, like JRKOWTZ. :)

    ASNTACO- Funny, if you're ok with the word taco being on your license plate.

    LVSAUTE- I like this one, it would be really funny w/ the BYU stuff on your car

    BITESZE- If you really like that nickname and it's special, sure, go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I felt the same way when i had to get a Utah license :(. But now that I'm in California I came straight back and renewed my Cali one. Hopefully I can keep it now... A cute plate is a good idea... I liked all of your's. :) Have FUn in Hawaii!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two years ago I gave up my Washington license for an Illinois one.... sad sad day. I still remember the feeling as I handed over my license (but I secretly still have an old expired one from when I was 16 =) And I don't know why but I definitely like SWNKFYD.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SWNKFYD!! That one is my favorite. I also like Bitesize. So cute! How are you?? do you love arizona??

    ReplyDelete