Saturday, October 4, 2008

...new york new york...

for my fall break this year i'm out in new york with my family... we all arrived today from our various destinations.

during my first flight i started off my re-lacing my pumas and napped on and off. i stopped in dc for an hour and cleaned out the goldfish that spilled inside my backpack, exciting I KNOW! lol.

When we left DC i witnessed luggage being left behind and in this case a bag fell off the luggage truck and was left in the middle of the tarmac. i watched it just sit there completely unnoticed as we pulled away from the gate. thank goodness it wasn't my bag... but i feel bad for the person whom it belongs to. they had a nice surprise waiting for them at JFK.

my family had already been at JFK for about an hour before I got there. It was good to see them! Baby Olivia and i had fun waiting for our car to arrive and take us into the city.

my dad had mentioned that he had gotten us a limo. and in this case, and for those that know my dad, i'm thinking its one of those bigger bus/van looking things. he said it was a "hummer" and once again i thought he was just being facetious.

well about ten minutes later a white hummer limo pulls up. he really did get us a limo! once again, out of the ordinary for a man like my dad. he's a little on the frugal side, well at least he used to be until about six months ago (mid life crisis maybe; he bought a BMW 750 Li).

i guess here in new york they don't have the same regulations about children restraints in vehicles. olivia sat in my lap the whole ride and at one point stood between my legs and danced up a storm for us.

our apartment for the week is up in Washington heights. we ventured out for dinner and found this yummy bbq place called dallas bbq! oh my gosh the hot wings were so spicy the smell alone cleared your sinuses. the food was delicious and well priced to say the least. we walked around outside columbia's med school which is about two blocks from where we are staying. what a way to get the party started.

No comments:

Post a Comment