Wednesday, May 7, 2008

...the countdown is on...

monday marked the beginning of the end of the my 1st year of teaching! that is exciting, and nerve racking at the same time. i started to take down my room as of monday. i will admit that i am still torn about leaving. however, at the same time i feel like i just have come to a cross road in my life where change is needed. there is too much here that i don't understand. sounds kind of like i'm running, huh?

well i guess if you want to think about it that way i guess i kind of am. i am running towards something, at least i'd like to think of it that way, and not away from something. i haven't done something just for me in a long time. i had made the decision to stay in utah after graduating for an "us" not a "me." i have made choices in my life for the past year for "us" and not "me." and well it started to get old as the other part of "us" appeared to be thinking more "me" than "us." and please do not take that as me trying to point a finger. it is what was best for him and that makes me happy. now i guess its my turn to think "me" instead of "us."

no word from any school districts yet. but i'm exploring other options. i looked up different cosmetology schools around the country and make up artistry schools too. i started to study for the GRE to go back to get a masters degree. still contemplating the LSAT. the world, once again is my play ground. now i need to be active in choosing what to do with my play ground and where i want my life to go. i need to line up things for me and then take other things or people as they come.

God has given me that right to choose my path; even the wrong path. with these choices come consequences, both good and bad. and those consequences are unavoidable. i pray that i will use the divine gift instead of becoming apathetic, crippled, or faithless. i would like to think of Heavenly Father and myself as a partnership. together we are building up the kingdom. He at the head with me participating willingly by submitting myself to His will. and if/when he stays his hand, moving forward with courage, trust, and faith in Him and in myself and making decisions based on my testimony of the restored gospel and not in the "arm of flesh."

come what may, i will progress. at least that is my goal. hugh nibley said "true education is progressive repentance." i have been told that i need to seek out all the education i can both spiritually and temporally. and when the time comes in my life that i can no longer progress on my own and need a partner to progress in the eternal scheme of things, i will stand and say with confidence that i have done all i can as an individual to ensure our progress as a family unit (crossing my fingers).

sometimes we cannot ask our father in heaven to change our situation, but we can ask him to aid us in changing our heart.

3 comments:

  1. Very insightful Jen. I am glad that you see that you can't always live life for other people, and that you have to make decisions for the betterment of yourself. It's not selfish, but more self-serving. It's what you deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! It sounds like exactly what you need right now. Are you going to stay in Utah then or move back to California? Hey, and I knew that Justin and Melinda were pregnant but I didn't know she was due so soon. So they named her Brynlee? Their blog is private so I can't peek. Anyways, good for you, let me know what you end up doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alyssa was on 'Miss Hall's' blog and we stumbled over to yours...you're leaving?! How sad!! Paul sure loves you...so make sure you keep in touch. I so wish I could have been more involved this year...but being prego and having a new baby just wipes me out!! I'm a whimp, I know. :)

    Also...your trip looks like it was amazing!!

    You're the sweetest...you'll do well in whatever you decide!!

    xoxoxo, Amber

    ReplyDelete